Warranty Statement / Warranty Conditions
Katadyn water filters and Optimus stoves are top-quality products made of high-grade materials. These products are carefully produced by hand and undergo comprehensive quality control during their manufacturing and prior to delivery.
Upon the purchase of a water filter or camping stove Katadyn provides a voluntary manufacturer warranty for material and manufacturing defects under the following conditions:
The following conditions, which describe the prerequisites and scope of our voluntary warranty, shall not affect the corresponding statutory warranty rights from the sales contract.
2. Warranty provider
Katadyn Products Inc.
Phone +41 44 839 21 11
Fax +41 44 839 21 99
This warranty extends exclusively to the first lawful end customer; the warranty is non-transferrable. This warranty extends exclusively to Katadyn water filters and Optimus stoves that were purchased through an authorized dealer, sales partner or an online shop belonging to the Katadyn Group.
a) Duration and beginning of the warranty
The voluntary manufacturer warranty applies to all Katadyn water filters as of the date of purchase thereof by the first end customer:
- 2 years on Katadyn water filters and UV pens except for the Katadyn Pocket microfilter;
- 2 years on Optimus stoves;
- 20 years on the Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter
b) Territorial scope
The territorial scope of this warranty includes only products that were purchased in the European Union, the signatory states to the Agreement of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, Canada and USA.
4. Exclusion of warranty. Original parts and components
Any products or product parts that are not listed above are not covered by this warranty. It does not cover chemicals, cleaning products, cooking utensils, pots, pans and any food items.
a) This warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear. Wear parts, which include, but are not limited to, the following: filter elements, gaskets, pump leahter, water and fuel hoses, floaters and strainers, including weight.
- Improper use: defects due to improper use, as described in the manual. Improperly performed cleaning of the filter element or filter unit.
- Inappropriate maintenance: improperly performed cleaning of the filter element or filter unit.
- Installation of replacement parts or add-on components that were not originally provided for this water filter or are not compatible with it.
- Damage or malfunctions caused by accidents, improper handling or negligence
- Accidents or drop damage.
b) The warranty right shall be forfeited in the event of:
- Misuse of the product.
- Not using the product as intended or overstressing the product in a different way.
- Not following the operating manual.
- Not performing the prescribed regular maintenance.
- Any change in the components.
5. Warranty claim and provision of warranty services
In order to claim the warranty rights, the water filter, fully assembled, must be sent or transferred with the original proof of purchase to
- the authorized dealer through which the product was purchased,
- the Katadyn representative or Katadyn sales partner in your country,
- or Katadyn Products Inc., Pfäffikerstrasse 37, 8310 Kemptthal, Switzerland, Phone+41 44 839 21 11, Fax +41 44 839 21 99, info(at)katadyn.ch
Should this be a warranty case, the defective filter shall be repaired or replaced with a corresponding model. Replaced parts shall become the property of Katadyn.
Provision of warranty services shall not imply an extension of the warranty period or the establishment of a new warranty period. The warranty period for the installed replacement parts shall end with the warranty period for the entire filter.
This warranty shall under no circumstances cover the travel or shipping costs arising from delivering the Katadyn product to the dealer or to Katadyn. These costs shall be covered by the warrantee.
6. Exclusion of further or other claims
Any further or other claims, especially those relating to any compensation for damages occurring outside the filter – provided such liability is not mandated by law – shall not be accepted. Warranty claims made in a country that is different from the country of purchase can entail reasonable fees or other limitations that the warranty provider may set at its reasonable discretion.